Online language tutors are one of the most sought after online tutors right now. Students from many countries are looking for them and good language tutors are very few in online market. In this article, we will tell you how to become a great online language tutor. These tips will help you in teaching English, or any other language or if you are helping students with tests like SAT, TOEFL, GRE etc
The only key to become a great online tutor is to first become a great tutor. Teaching a student remotely is always difficult, since you are not able to get their feedback immediately. That is why many language tutors struggle with the right approach and strategy. Here I have listed some of the secrets that will work perfectly to become a successful language teacher.
Tips to become Great Online Language Tutor
- For the best online tutoring, your tutoring technology should be in optimal conditions at all times. You can use the best online tutoring software, myTutoring. It provides option of online courses creation- self-paced and instructor-led courses, test and assessment, and advanced features to enable high level of personalised education as needed in language tutoring. Start today with the free 15 days trial.
- To become a great language tutor, you need to have very good command over the language, its grammar, phonetics, phonology and usage. You should be knowledgeable enough to answer all the question.
- A good array of techniques and strategies to present your contents to the students is always a good idea. You need to remember, the way same content is shown or experienced in physical classroom and online classroom is very different. That is why your tutoring methodology should be more interactive, so to engage the learners.
- Reaching out to your silent students to make sure they are understanding everything is a good idea. This also depends on age of your students. Younger pupils are generally better at using technology. While older students may not prefer too much intrusion by their tutor. Being as simple and straight forward as possible, works best with the older students.
- Give a good collection of study material (text and video), reference and assessment material. Your supporting material should be tailored as per your audience. You can give pre-class readings and post-class readings and assessments.
- Pay special attention to feedback you receive from the students. Your each encounter with students should be a learning opportunity for you. Make sure your students leave their reviews and comments on your website and in social media on your tutoring. If those reviews can be in video format, that would be great.
Do let us know how these suggestions helped you in your language tutoring. If you want us to include few other methods as well, do let us know the same in the comment section below.